If you work closely with children then our paediatric first aid course is suited to your workplace. The course takes an average of 12 hours to complete which is taught across two days. The first aid course itself is designed to conform to standards set by Ofsted, with an emphasis on common medical conditions in children. The course will include sessions in responding to specific medical conditions that a child may have, at your place of work. A typical course will include the following modules:
- The recognition of the unwell child.
- Access to emergency and urgent care.
- Medical emergencies for children, including asthma and meningitis.
- Traumatic emergencies, including bleeding and head injuries.
- Unconscious patient, positioning and examination.
- Basic Life Support (adult).
- Basic Life Support (child).
- Automatic External Defibrillators (no extra cost).
- Anaphylaxis and epipen, if required (no extra cost).
- Additional child medical conditions.
- Medication and parental consent.
- Incident reporting and handover to Paramedics.
If you wish to learn a skill that is not listed in the session, then please contact us, we will tailor it into your course.
To book a first aid training session contact us now.