Our one day emergency first aid courses are perfect for anyone who want to become first aid qualified in a general sense. This course is designed for low threat environments and covers most of our core content, which is listed below. Delivery of the session is through discussion, videos and digital media, with two hours practical sessions in the afternoon. Assessment is informal during these sessions. This course can be adapted to focus on your environment or likely types of injuries, whether this be work or leisure related.
This is a general example of the core content including in a one day first aid session:
- The recognition of the unwell patient.
- Access to emergency and urgent care,
- Medical emergencies.
- Traumatic emergencies, including bleeding and head injuries.
- Unconscious Patient, positioning and examination.
- Basic Life Support (adult).
- Basic Life Support (child).
- Automatic External Defibrillators (no extra cost).
- Anaphylaxis and epipen, if required (no extra cost).
- Additional specific medical or traumatic lectures available on request.
- Incident reporting and handover to Paramedics.
- Free AED and epipen training.
If you wish to learn a skill that is not listed in the session, then please contact us and we will look to tailor it into your course.
To book a first aid training session contact us now.