First Aid at Work is a three day first aid course that is perfect for those who work in hazardous environments, and perhaps need a first aid qualification for their job. This is similar in content to the one day course but involves more scenario work, and an in depth review of each medical and traumatic emergency. The use of haemostatic agents and tourniquets are now taught in our course for free. You will have adequate support to prepare yourself for a short final assessment at the end of the course.
Typical content includes:
- The recognition of the unwell patient.
- Access to emergency and urgent care,
- Medical emergencies.
- Traumatic emergencies, including bleeding and head injuries.
- Unconscious Patient, positioning and examination.
- Basic Life Support (adult).
- Basic Life Support (child).
- Automatic External Defibrillators (no extra cost).
- Anaphylaxis and epipen, if required (no extra cost).
- Additional specific medical or traumatic lectures available on request.
- Incident reporting and handover to Paramedics.
- Scenario work for handling different injuries and illnesses.
- Free AED and epipen training.
If you wish to learn a skill that is not listed in the session, then please contact us about this and we will look to tailor it into your course.
To book a first aid training session contact us now.